1. How long have you worked for Sytner BMW/MINI? 8 years and 5 months, but I began working at Sytner in the Specialist Division 14 years ago this year.
2. How long have you been in your current role? 5 years
3. What is your favourite part about your current role? Every day is different. With Marketing there is always something new to learn and explore. Seeing the impact our campaigns have across the business is extremely rewarding.
4. What motivates you in the morning? Working with a great time and a great brand. Also setting a good example for my children.
5. Three words to describe yourself? Outgoing, reliable and organised
6. What is your greatest achievement? When I left school I applied for a job at a new Porsche Centre that had recently opened. I started there as a Receptionist and I am so proud of how far I have come in those years. I have continued to build my career around my family and now work whilst raising my two children.
7. What advice would you give to someone aspiring to be in your role? Go for it, work hard and the rewards will come.
8. How have you seen the Automotive industry landscape change and evolve to engage more women? When I first started as a young female, I was hugely outnumbered. Nowadays this isn’t the case, I work in an all-female team and also work alongside so many more women in different roles. With this feature it is great to see how many females we employ in every area of the business.
9. Top tip for how you organise your days? A good old list, being able to tick each piece of work off is extremely satisfying and a great reference point.
10. Top tip for working in the automotive industry? Be yourself, don’t be afraid to ask for help and work hard!